Here is the fourth and penultimate weekly blog post detailing our progress creating Amplification.
Week commencing 18th May
Our penultimate week certainly had its ups and downs. Luckily our work on Saturday ended on a positive note.
Now we are into the phase of final tweaks – which always take ages – and nice-to-haves before pack down; ahead of installation at Millennium Point on Saturday. It’s going to be a exhilarating and tiring week. Let’s hope everything goes to plan…and then let’s hope people enjoy using it.
Day by Day
- Day off; pondering
- Plinth arrives – yay!
- Setting out plinth and elements to go on it
- More welding
- More ordering of parts
- Drilled lots of holes in the plinth – EEK!
- Set stuff out on the plinth
- MORE ordering of parts
- Spent all day tweaking, hacking and installing our first proper test rig – and it failed. As a test that is pretty useful; just a tad demoralising
- Going round trading estates buying parts to fix some of the issues we were experiencing
- Bonus: found a great local micro-brewery on a trading estate ;)
- Modified a few things and set up a test rig again. MUCH better. We even had it tested by some almost genuine punters; who loved it
Knackered and exhilarated; in equal measure.
To follow: Creating Amplification 5…the final week.