The final blog post detailing our work creating Amplification. Now on show in Millennium Point, Birmingham.
Week commencing 25th May
What a week! A bit of a blur really but we got there in the end. In fact, we had the van packed with Amplification by the end of play on Wednesday.
As ever though there was a lot of admin and surrounding stuff to sort out ahead of the installation on Saturday. OH and then within an hour of it being installed, somebody broke it…so we arrived at 7:30am on Monday to fix and reinforce it; so it opened at 9am as planned.
The early opening was because we got it installed early and thought we’d just go for it! It provided a useful phase of beta testing…
Day by Day
- Buying parts for final tweaks – such as silver piping, plinth, polish
- Cutting and test fitting plinth
- Final work on aesthetics and strengthening
- One last test build
- Packing up and loading into van
- Project admin
- Signage and paperwork
- Final nice-to-have tweaks to headset &c
- Installation at Millennium point, with David
- As I arrive home I get a call to say it has been broken so make plans to come in first thing on Monday
1st June May
- Fixed and reinforced piece opens to the public at 9am – BINGO!
All that remains is for people to enjoy it and for us to do the documentation and rounding off…yay! Oh and any further maintenance of course ;)
Have a look/listen at Millennium Point, as part of All Ears.