I’ve been on holiday. Half my time was spent at home working on projects and for the other half I was forced to enjoy myself by leaving my shed and studio behind, to visit my home village of Par, in Cornwall.
Here is an update (in list form) of what I achieved:
- Got airplay of my debut Glatze EP on The Big Paws, Brumcast, Phantom Circuit and Brap FM – I thank you very much for your support!
- Got lots of positive feedback about my Glatze EP. People seem to choose different tracks as their favourite, which can only be good news?
- I even sold a few copies so far through my Bandcamp. This means a lot – cheers!
- At the fantastic Port Eliot Festival, which I thoroughly enjoyed attending with my ueber-cool dad, I handed copies of my EP to Grayson Perry, Gavin Turk & Deborah Curtis, Tim Smit and Jarvis Cocker. For some reason I was too scared to give one to Martin Parr.
- I have had a couple of Glatze live dates confirmed. I will be playing my reworked liveset (including the song “Glatze” from my EP) at The Frog and Fiddle in Cheltenham on the 20th of August and then at The launch event for the fabulous Dirty Bristow magazine, on the 28th of August.
- I have been working hard on my midi-octopus to get it sorted and music written for it, for my debut performance at The British Science Festival, in September. The associated workshop is coming along nicely too!
- I have been in working on updated noise box / optical theremin designs for my workshop at The Digital Media Centre in November, and I will soon be announcing another similar workshop and performance(s) at an upcoming festival (a favourite of mine), once details are confirmed
So, all in all it’s been a busy holiday. Rather productive though and I did nearly finish reading a book too…